My life is a string of run-on sentences and not even punctuation can stop it.

Friday, September 12, 2008

I guess I'll start using this more...

...though it really isn't as cool as tumblr. Oh well.  

On a lighter note: I'm trying to write more. I don't know how I feel about what I have, but here's what it looks like so far:

Attempt #1 (inspired by writer's block; tweaked, a bit, from my tumblr):
"I'm digging for inspiration
like water in the ground
my nails are dirtied by the mud
and still none can be found."

Attempt #2:
"My mood won't match this weather
it's too hot out tonight
bring me cold, and blankets, fast
wrap me up and hold me tight."

Attempt #3 (unfinished):
"I'd never say that years set us apart
I speak to you just the same
but if you can't see past my small frame
well, then you're the one who's wrong.

Every day i overcome
the whispers that surround
I won't look back, won't hear a sound
you know I won't be bound.

What I have is all I am
I won't promise you more
I'm content knowing my heart's full
but it doesn't have to be yours.

Attempt #4 (also unfinished):
"It's not easy to say, but at times I feel I've just begun
and at the end of the day it's hard to think it's really done."


(all things written by Kathryn Legendre)



No comments: